The laboratory of Dr. Adrian Piliponsky is looking for Post-Doctoral fellows or Staff Scientists to work on projects related to:
The role of Solute Carrier Protein (SLC) family of transporters in mast cell function.
This work aims to investigate the mechanisms by which SLCs play a critical role in mast cell homeostasis and disease (PMID 34324892). These studies will lay the groundwork for future projects that are aimed at exploring the therapeutic potential of targeting SLC transporters to modulate disorders in which mast cells play an active role like allergic disease. This work involves setting up and managing studies utilizing CRISPR/Cas9 -based gene editing approaches on human and mouse and primary mast cells to investigate how SLCs impact mast cell biology. Candidates must have a PhD in Immunology, Cell biology or related field with experience in cellular and molecular approaches as well as mouse models of disease.
General job responsibilities:
- Meet with Principal Investigator on a regular basis to discuss proposed/ongoing studies,
discuss implications of findings, and provide insights into new research directions
- Candidates expected to run research projects in an independent manner
- Write manuscripts, present data at national and international conferences
- Assist PI in writing progress reports, grant proposals, protocols
- Protocol development and review
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Develop additional scientific skills as appropriate for the research project and carry out
research/development activities of assigned research projects.
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies and skills
Interested candidates please e-mail email@example.com directly
and include CV, three references, and a Cover Letter.